Meet our Shiremoor Voice Representatives
Our representatives are selected by their classmates during our election process at the start of the academic year. They have weekly meetings with Mrs Peart to discuss various issues. They act as the voice for all children and regularly put suggestions forward for the attention of Mrs Middleton.
Shiremoor Voice Minutes 2019 – 2020
11th September 2019
– Discussed meeting times and responsibilities of council members.
– Discussed Chairperson and their role and responsibilities.
– Developed ideas about new school Respect award and how to evidence ways to incorporate respect of self, respect of others, respect of community/environment.
– Children to come to next meeting with ideas for charity to support this year.
18th September 2019
– Considered the attributes of anti-bullying ambassadors and gave out application forms.
– Discussed food bank donations for Harvest assemblies/the month of October.
– Council members made suggestions for charity to support across the year.
– Discussed the possibility of a family litter pick around the local community/Beach clean up.
25th September 2019
– Created Bay food bank letter – looked at email to see what specific food to put on the letter.
– Consulted about possible dates for Community litter pick (November?) and Beach litter pick (May/June?)
– Need to email council about the use of their litter pickers.
– Lunchtime awards ordered.
– Year 6 delegates – discussed how Shiremoor Voice nominations are given
2nd October 2019
– Signed ‘Bring it to the Food-bank’ letter.
– Read and discussed the Anti-Bullying Ambassadors application forms.
– As a council we decided upon the Anti-Bullying Ambassadors for this year.
9th October 2019
– Discussed creating a ‘Shiremoor Voice’ twitter page to ensure our priorities are visible to all children and parents.
– Confirmed points for new ‘Respect Award’ before giving finalised suggestions to Mrs Middleton.
– Community Litter Pick – need to contact local council to enquire if they can provide us with litter pickers/gloves/bin bags.
16th October 2019
– Respect award introduced to all children in school assembly.
– Meeting to the children’s council to learn about their role.
23rd October 2019
– Emailed local council regarding a local litter pick.
– Organised ideas for Parliament week including Year5/6 debate
– Discussed a visit from a local politician
– Food bank donations were collected from school.
6th November 2019
– Looked at the KS1 playground – went out at lunchtime to see the types of toys children had to play with.
– Thought of some ideas for children to engage with new toys.
13th November 2019
– Devised a questionnaire for all classes to fill in regarding the use of both playgrounds to see which activities children prefer.
– Talked about including a chalk area or blackboard. Getting more dressing up and more games for children to use in wetter we
15th January 2020
– Priorities for Spring Term discussed.
– Elected Chair/Deputy Chair nominated and voted for:
Sofia – Chairperson
Lucas – Deputy Chairperson
– Discussed the need for the Shiremoor Voice display board to be updated regularly.
– Discussion around how to earn the Aspire Award.
22nd January 2020
– Meeting with Geoff Crackett from Go-smarter.
– Planning of Car Free Day.
– Indoor activity = Air Pollution awareness (10-15 mins).
– Outdoor activity = Road safety (10 -15 mins).
– Green cross code, using a zebra crossing, finding a safe place to cross using traffic lights.
– Doctor Bike coming to check bikes.
5th February 2020
– Council made Car Free Day posters to accompany letter going home to parents. Posters to be displayed around the school to encourage maximum participation.