At Shiremoor Primary School, parental engagement is vitally important to us. We want parents to:
- Be involved in their child’s education
- Feel confident that staff at Shiremoor Primary School will be available and will work together to ensure children are safe, happy and known as individuals.
- Have a knowledge of what their child is learning and how their learning is progressing.
- Support school in ensuring that children respond well to our Behaviour Policy so that all children can be safe and happy and have maximum learning time.
Ways that you can be involved:
- Attend school events such as Open Evenings, Seeing is Believing and class performances
- Contribute to surveys and questionnaires
- Get daily X (formally known as Twitter) updates
- Engage in home/school challenges and homework
- Support events such as sports events
- Join in a lesson with your child when offered
- Read half-termly newsletters
- Support with fundraising where asked
Both parents and children enjoyed being put through their paces in Mr Nicholson’s PE lesson!
How to find information:
- School website
- X (formally known as Twitter)
- School Notice board in the entrance
- Start of term ‘Diary Dates’ letters
Finally, we have a great staff team at Shiremoor, who will all be happy to make appointments to meet with you where required or just to catch up. We also employ a Lead Learning Mentor, Miss Barnfather, whose main role is to support families in removing barriers to education.
If you would like to speak to Miss Barnfather, please contact the school office.
Lead Learning Mentor