Academic Year 2021-2022 Recovery Premium
Information about the Premium
In February 2021, the government announced a one-off recovery premium as part of its package of funding to support education recovery. The recovery premium provides additional funding for schools in the 2021 to 2022 academic year. Building on the Pupil Premium, this funding will help schools to deliver evidence-based approaches for supporting disadvantaged pupils.
The Recovery Premium will be allocated using the same data as the pupil premium. This means the following pupils will attract recovery premium funding to schools:
- pupils who are eligible for free school meals (FSM)
- pupils who have been eligible for free school meals at any point in the last 6 years
- children looked after by local authorities and referred to as looked-after children (LAC)
- post looked-after children (post-LAC)
School allocations will be calculated on a per pupil basis.
As a mainstream school, Shiremoor Primary will receive the following allocations:
- £145 for each eligible pupil in mainstream education
As with pupil premium, the funding for looked-after children (LAC) will be paid to the local authority and should be managed by the Virtual School Head.
The recovery premium will be paid in 4 payments to schools during the 2021 to 2022 academic year on the following schedule.
Payments will be sent to local authorities on the last working day in:
- September 2021
- December 2021
- April 2022
- June 2022