Our Key Stage 2 Reader Leaders (Years 3-6) are a group that aims to promote a love of reading across the school. Our Reader Leaders have been chosen for their love of reading, their willingness to share this passion with others and enthusiasm to promote reading.
We meet once a week with Mrs Pritchard to discuss ways in which we can promote reading within our classes and across our school.
Reader Leader Roles:
* Part of the job of the Reader Leader is to encourage others in their class and across the whole school to read.
* Monitor children’s attainment of their reading targets or any challenges.
* Share book reviews and recommendations with their classes.
* Complete Accelerated Reader audits to find out what books, genres, dictionaries and thesauruses are needed to support reading.
* Help with Reading Events across the school.
* Help create displays to promote reading within school.