Personal Development Week
Personal Development Week runs each term although the learning covered in Personal Development Week does not start and end there. It is provided dedicated time to have a clear focus during that week. Across school from Year 1-Year 6 (often EYFS are included in various aspects of the week), all classes have overarching learning to cover that is broken down into age-appropriate and progressive learning or learning that contributes to the journey of the year group through school.
Key Areas of focus in this week are:
- British Values
- Careers Knowledge and understanding
- Respect for the Environment (Including our school environment and community enabling knowledge of school rules)
- Respect and Tolerance for religious beliefs including Christianity
- Key Skills such as communication, respect, challenge and team work
- Personal, Social, Health Education (including mental health and e-safety)
Some of the learning is explicit. Much of it overlaps themes and ideas to ensure children develop as well-rounded adults.