Minutes From Our Meetings
2nd November 2021
- Children discussed the different ideas each class had for volunteering opportunities.
- The council composed a letter to be sent out to parents about the new volunteering award to be implemented this half term.
19th October 2021
- Signed and sent out letter to parents about the benefits of walking to school.
- Discussed the new award in school for Volunteering
- Came up with some ideas for Volunteering to support the local community
- Set a task for all classes to think of volunteering opportunities.
13th October 2021
- Photographs for Shiremoor Voice display and website
- Discussed the fundraising ideas that have been given by all classes
- Collated all the benefits of walking from the classes.
- Devised a letter to go out to parents about the importance of walking to school and to deter parking around the outside of the school building.
28th September 2021
- Introduction to other members of the council
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities of being a member of the council
- Decided upon charity to support this year – RNLI
- Discussed the parking situation around the school and how we could improve it.
- Tasked all classes to come up with fundraising ideas and benefits of walking to school