Shiremoor Voice Minutes 2019 – 2020
11th September 2019
– Discussed meeting times and responsibilities of council members.
– Discussed Chairperson and their role and responsibilities.
– Developed ideas about new school Respect award and how to evidence ways to incorporate respect of self, respect of others, respect of community/environment.
– Children to come to next meeting with ideas for charity to support this year.
18th September 2019
– Considered the attributes of anti-bullying ambassadors and gave out application forms.
– Discussed food bank donations for Harvest assemblies/the month of October.
– Council members made suggestions for charity to support across the year.
– Discussed the possibility of a family litter pick around the local community/Beach clean up.
25th September 2019
– Created Bay food bank letter – looked at email to see what specific food to put on the letter.
– Consulted about possible dates for Community litter pick (November?) and Beach litter pick (May/June?)
– Need to email council about the use of their litter pickers.
– Lunchtime awards ordered.
– Year 6 delegates – discussed how Shiremoor Voice nominations are given
2nd October 2019
– Signed ‘Bring it to the Food-bank’ letter.
– Read and discussed the Anti-Bullying Ambassadors application forms.
– As a council we decided upon the Anti-Bullying Ambassadors for this year.
9th October 2019
– Discussed creating a ‘Shiremoor Voice’ twitter page to ensure our priorities are visible to all children and parents.
– Confirmed points for new ‘Respect Award’ before giving finalised suggestions to Mrs Middleton.
– Community Litter Pick – need to contact local council to enquire if they can provide us with litter pickers/gloves/bin bags.
16th October 2019
– Respect award introduced to all children in school assembly.
– Meeting to the children’s council to learn about their role.
23rd October 2019
– Emailed local council regarding a local litter pick.
– Organised ideas for Parliament week including Year5/6 debate
– Discussed a visit from a local politician
– Food bank donations were collected from school.
6th November 2019
– Looked at the KS1 playground – went out at lunchtime to see the types of toys children had to play with.
– Thought of some ideas for children to engage with new toys.
13th November 2019
– Devised a questionnaire for all classes to fill in regarding the use of both playgrounds to see which activities children prefer.
– Talked about including a chalk area or blackboard. Getting more dressing up and more games for children to use in wetter we
15th January 2020
– Priorities for Spring Term discussed.
– Elected Chair/Deputy Chair nominated and voted for:
Sofia – Chairperson
Lucas – Deputy Chairperson
– Discussed the need for the Shiremoor Voice display board to be updated regularly.
– Discussion around how to earn the Aspire Award.
22nd January 2020
– Meeting with Geoff Crackett from Go-smarter.
– Planning of Car Free Day.
– Indoor activity = Air Pollution awareness (10-15 mins).
– Outdoor activity = Road safety (10 -15 mins).
– Green cross code, using a zebra crossing, finding a safe place to cross using traffic lights.
– Doctor Bike coming to check bikes.
5th February 2020
– Council made Car Free Day posters to accompany letter going home to parents. Posters to be displayed around the school to encourage maximum participation.